A) Avoid using Calibri fonts in Crystal Reports. You might try a more common True Type font, such as Arial. Again, be sure that font is installed. Hi, I have couple of crystal reports with the font set to -‘Calibri’. Recently we have experienced that when the reports are exported to a pdf file. My company has several reports that are generated using the Calibri font. We’ve had several users tell us that their reports are showing extra.
|Published (Last):||27 June 2010|
|PDF File Size:||19.46 Mb|
|ePub File Size:||1.38 Mb|
|Price:||Free* [*Free Regsitration Required]|
Sri Lanka Online Status: Top Rated Most Recent. We’ve had several users tell us that their calibrj are showing extra characters – specifically, it inserts the letter “i” after every lower-case “t”.
Understand that English isn’t everyone’s caibri language so be lenient of bad spelling and grammar. That behavior thou happened on my development machine before i took the system into production.
Yeah, doesn’t make sense. The solutions I’ve found are as follows: This has piqued my curiosity so I’m going to play with the code a bit and see if I can come up with a sample for you. Crgstal curious why this was downvoted; anyone care to share?
You might try a more common True Type font, such as Arial. I’m still researching if there’s a viable workaround; if so, I’ll update accordingly.
The obvious solution would seem to be changing the font on all of our reports to something else, but unfortunately we have hundreds of reports scattered across a half-dozen sites, and we would rather not have to change each and every rsports. Hopefully this will at least get you started if you decide to go this route. View more on this topic or Ask a question. Is there a way to fix this?
Corrupted text when exporting a Crystal Report as PDF with the Calibri font | Acctivate Help
If you can program or have access to a programmer in Java or Visual Studtio, you might be able to create a program that dalibri do this update for you so that you don’t have to manually update all of them.
So now the static string is changed to This is tio certify tihati I don’t see a way for changing the fonts in a crosstab or subreport, though. When answering a question please: I managed to export crystal reports to pdf in code. I noticed the same issues; I think in my case it was due to having CR on my dev machine, and just the runtime on my test server, so maybe installing CR resolves it?
I guess you have used unusual fonts for text fields, formulas, etc reprots in crystal reports. Crystal Reports for Visual Studio We’ve determined that the problem is due to the fact that we’re using the Calibri font; if we use a different font, it works fine.
Calibri font inserts extra characters into PDF ver. Certain glyphs aren’t handled correctly when exporting to PDF. A Avoid using Calibri fonts in Crystal Reports. Please Sign up or sign in to vote. I wanted to change FullName to remove the title Mr. Thanks for your response, Actually you are right.
So you need to install the font in production server or change the fonts for you objects in crystal reports with regular fonts like Arial, Tahoma, Verdana. Again, be sure that font is installed on every Articles Quick Answers Messages Use my saved content filters.
Let’s work to help developers, not make them feel stupid. For example, Scott becomes Scotiti and Tether becomes Tetiher there’s no letter “i” inserted after the capital “T” – it only inserts after lower-case. Problem in Exporting Crystal Report repoets Pdf. In the Main Report Preview, the report dispalys correctly.
Crystal Report Displays Strange Characters when Exported to pdf
Also, if the end-user copies text from the generated PDF and pastes it into another document, it renders the correct spelling. What you’re describing is a really weird bug involving the Calibri font. My company has several reports that are generated cryystal the Calibri font. Chances are they have and don’t get it. I’m sure you can find one very close to Calibri without this issue. The obvious solution would seem to be changing the font on all of our reports to something else, but unfortunately we have hundreds of reports scattered across a half-dozen sites, and we would rather not have to change each and every report.
I literally went through this at work about a week ago.